Best Albums/EPs of 2017: Staff Picks


As 2017 comes to a close, it becomes time to reflect on some of the things that have shaped the year. For many, one of those factors is undoubtedly a string of fabulous music releases. The writers and photographers at Suburban Rose Magazine have compiled a list of some of our favorite albums/EPs released over the past 365 days.


What If Nothing - Walk the Moon
"What If Nothing is a really triumphant, comprehensive album that brings me a lot of joy to listen to- not only as a Walk the Moon fan, but as a music fan in general." -Molly McCaul, Writer


LANY - LANY
"This album makes me feel so many emotions and brings back so many beautiful memories ." -Gabrielle Miranda, Photographer


How Will You Know If You Never Try - Coin
"Out of all the new music that has come out in 2017, I have to say this is my favorite album of the year. I’ve been listening to songs off of this album every day since it came out, and I can listen to it no matter what mood I’m in. One of my favorite things about this album is knowing that since I listened to it so much during a time of big changes in my life (like the end of high school and the start of college), a feeling of nostalgia will always be associated with it for me." -Megan Moran, Photographer


The Science of Letting Go - Smallpools
"This EP was a really strong return by a prominent band that shows they still have a lot to offer to the music scene. It's fun, it's personal, and it's above all a very human EP that I love listening to." -Molly McCaul, Writer


"This album is so amazing! It makes you dance but also feel so many emotions. Her voice is so beautiful and mesmerizing- it's a must listen!" -Gabrielle Miranda, Photographer


"Le Trouble's music is a wonderful flavor of indie rock orchestrated brilliantly, and their debut album does not dissappoint. I wrote a review on this album a few months ago here!" -Alex Music, Founder & Editor


"I love this album not only because I love the beautiful people that made it but because of the amazing lyrics and music." -Gabrielle Miranda, Photographer


"This was another superb release this year. The emotional vulnerability and raw nature of so many of the songs cut by more uplifted, confident tracks makes for an immensely enjoyable listen from beginning to end." -Molly McCaul, Writer


"The songs are so beautiful and are composed perfectly." -Gabrielle Miranda, Photographer


"As a debut album, I feel that Landmark was timeless. I found that it was a beautiful album to listen to throughout every season of the year. From start to end, it beautifully takes my breath away. Every song has something unique and invokes different emotions and memories of the past. They each mean something different to me, and every time I listen to it, I always catch something new. Hippo Campus released something extraordinary, beautifully highlighting their talent as musicians and lyricists, and I'm very excited to see what they have in store in 2018." -Gabby Cabacab, Photographer


"This album is so honest and raw. With her amazing lyrics and voice, SZA gives a perfect insight on modern romance." -Gabrielle Miranda, Photographer

Check out our staff!

Comments

Instagram Feed