Interview With Sleeptalk: On Upcoming Tours, New Music, & Inspiration

Photo By: @yrstrly on Instagram

Sleeptalk, an alternative/indie band from Los Angeles, California, create fun, danceable, and moving music that begs you to sing along. Gabrielle of Suburban Rose Magazine was able to have a chat with Sleeptalk's Anthony Fitzpatrick regarding upcoming tours, new music, and people that inspire the band. 

Q: Now that it is the new year, when you look back at 2017, what are some accomplishments that you’re really proud of?

Anthony: Umm, putting out our first record and going on our first I guess you could say "tour"! Being able to go on the three that we did was really fun and we got to meet a lot of new people and see your faces! And it was just really great being able to experience the country and playing shows.

Q: What are you looking forward to in the new year?

Anthony: Well, we start our next tour next Friday, the 19th. Im not sure if you're familiar with KROQ, but they're a pretty big radio station here in Southern California and they put on a lot of festivals and they sponsor things like Coachella, stuff like that. And we're actually going to be a part of the Locals Only area of things, and we're actually going to be on KROQ tomorrow. Which is pretty cool! And we're going to play Locals Only - which is a KROQ event - next Friday to start the tour.

Q: Do you have any other tour dates in the works or places that you would like to go?

Anthony: Actually, I believe in April we're going to be heading out to Washington, which I'm very, very excited about!

Q: What are your favorite and least favorite things about touring?

Anthony: My favorite thing is being able to play shows every night, and driving with your best friends, and seeing all of the different places you're going. But my least favorite thing is that it's very hard to do. You don't really sleep too much because you're always driving and it's pretty hectic because you're never really in one place for long.

Q: I'm sure a lot of people have been asking but are we seeing any new music from you guys this year?

Anthony: Yes, so we actually just finished recording the first single! We are going to be putting it out in February, followed up by some new music videos, some live sessions, and probably a new EP around May.

Q: What is your writing process usually like?

Anthony: With our writing process... so Justin (our one guitar player) is my cousin and he lives about forty-five minutes to an hour away from us, so what we'll do a lot of the time is we'll record the music and we'll send it back and forth to each other until it comes down to the end and then just write the rest of it. It gets tricky but it's a cool process. But it kind of lengthens it out a bit. But it's kind of fun that way because you're able to sit back and hear a song fully, without just like writing it and then just recording it. It kind of allows us to hear things that we might not hear normally.

Q: Who do you draw inspiration from?

Anthony: We kind of draw inspiration from everything. I mean, we all listen to a lot of different music but I guess our main inspiration would have to be Angels and Airwaves and The 1975.

Q: Have you always loved music and see yourself making music in the future?

Anthony: Yeah. So I actually played baseball for more than half of my life and then my sophomore year of high school I started playing in bands, and I had always loved music but I never really got into playing because I was always playing baseball. But once I started playing and writing music and playing shows it was a found love that I knew I needed to do.

Q: Have you been listening to any new artists lately?

Anthony: I kind of listen to a lot of new things always. I never really get stuck on one thing for a while. But I've been listening to a lot of Majid Jordan and a lot of Frank Ocean.

Q: Lastly, is there anything that you'd like to say to Suburban Rose Magazine's readers?

Anthony: Yes! Thank you so much for having us and taking the time out of your day to call me!



Visit Sleeptalk:
Website: http://www.slptvlk.com

Visit Gabrielle:

Comments

Instagram Feed