Bexley Elaborates On New Single "Run Rabbit Run" & Musical Inspirations

Source: Janee Green

Hey, Bexley! Thanks for taking the time to chat with Suburban Rose. How are you doing today?


I’m wonderful, thank you!

Introduce yourself to our audience. What first drew you into music?

I’m a twenty-two-year-old rocker girl from Seattle, Washington. What first got me into music was probably listening to the Beatles with my dad in his truck when I was a kid. Then at about thirteen I discovered Alice in Chains. They made me want to sing and play guitar in that style. From there, the rest is history, I fell in love with rock music!

Your recent single "Run Rabbit Run" is currently recognized on Spotify's "New Noise" playlist and featured on Alternative Press's "New Music You Need To Hear." Can you share a little bit about the inspiration behind both the song and the music video for "Run Rabbit Run"?

“Run Rabbit Run” is meant to be an anthem for girls all around, and really for me as well. Growing up I was always the odd girl out in the bands playing around town. I had to learn at an early age to accept myself for what I was. I was never going to be one of the guys, and at first that was hard to understand. But I soon realized that being who I was gave me an edge over everyone else! Since then I’ve been very confident and that is what “Run Rabbit Run” is about.

The video was actually a spur of the moment idea. I was visiting some musician friends of mine in northern Canada and we were jamming all day. By the end of the day we had played “Run Rabbit Run” so many times that we thought it would be fun to make a music video. We just happened to have a friend with a nice camera and a creative idea to film it out in the woods to give it that animalistic feeling, like maybe the wolves really are going to come! We lined up some vehicles in the woods for lighting, and shot it over the course of several hours overnight.

What other artists would you say you draw the most inspiration from when creating new music?
I draw inspiration from many artists because there are so many to appreciate. Chris Cornell is a big one because of the way he would string chords together with beautiful and haunting melodies. But he of course took inspiration from the Beatles, as I do as well. For the upcoming EP, I had ideas based around the band Wolf Alice as well. I think they’re a really great new band and I would credit them for some of the creativity on my new EP.

Lastly, tell our audience an interesting fact about yourself.

One interesting fact about me is I’ve always loved playing baseball!



Connect & Share with Bexley:

Comments

Instagram Feed